Saturday, May 25, 2013

Towel Day 2013: Bonus Music





"H2G2" made excellent use of a couple of pieces of music, in it's radio, television and film incarnations.

Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World."

*Note to The Blog Jr. and any other future descendants. "

Consider this my living will.

After my passing...

 ...a celebration of my life...

 (because, no funeral, please,)

... should begin with the playing of a recording of this song.

And, when the memorial ends...

... Raise the roof and kick out the jams with the Joey Ramone version.

An in the middle...

(Oh God, The PC hates The Eagles. Seriously. If I never hear "Hotel California" again, as long as I live, it will be too soon. But...)

As the cremated ashes of the parts of my corporeal body that could not be donated to those who could use them to improve and prolong their own lives, are launched into the night sky in a spectacular pyrotechnic display...

(because, no grave site burial, please,)

...It feels appropriate to accompany the fireworks with the strains of The Eagles' "Journey of the Sorcerer," aka: The Theme from "H2G2."

The simple, quiet banjo, and then...

WHOOSH! POW! BANG!

... as the song explodes with soaring, symphonic harmony.

Shit.

Sorry if I turned this into a downer.

                                               "Life? Don't talk to me about life."

But, yeah.

That is how I want to go. 
 


But, cheer up!

Or, more appropriately...

Don't Panic!

I'm not looking for this to happen for another 50 years or so.

Thanks.






For now, just enjoy the music.


No comments:

Post a Comment