Thursday, November 1, 2012

Ben Stein and Healthcare





The above graphic was on The Blog's Facebook newsfeed today.

Here is The Blog's response...

I know Ben. I like Ben. Ben is pretty much always the smartest guy in the room.

And yet... He sometimes says things that make me scratch my head.

I have visited many modern, industrialized countries all over the world.

In two of those countries (England and France) I have received medical treatment. In both countries, I was not asked for payment. I was not asked for insurance. I was not asked to prove my citizenship. They knew that I was a visitor.

They gave me treatment because that is how their systems are set up. Citizens and visitors alike get prompt, decent medical treatment. Because it is the right thing to do.

I'm not clinging to party line (as the original poster suggests.)

I am stating the facts as I have experienced them, first hand.

Isn't it high time that America, "The Greatest Country in the World" catches up?

1 comment: