Saturday, August 4, 2012

Kevin Smith, Jon Peters and Superman






This story is, like, Kevin Smith's  "Freebird!" It's awesome!

Take 20 minutes to watch and listen. I'll be here when you are done. 

Let me tell you about my encounter with the "Superman Reborn" script.

The Blog met with actress P.A. at Jon Peter's compound, not 48 hours after her husband T.L. beat the crap out of her. Jon was letting her hide out from T.L after the attack.

The PC met Jon. He greeted me by rubbing my bald head and proclaiming that, I, like P. A. had a "giant, superstar head."

I was like, "Okay. This is fucking weird, But, hey! It's fucking Jon Peters. The executive producer of fucking, Batman! So, okay."

I was then left alone in a bedroom to cool my heels for a couple of hours.

And there, on a table, next to a telephone "hot list" that included Barbara Streisand and Tim Burton, was a folder containing the script for "Superman Reborn."

I took advantage of my high school speed reading classes and perused the script.

Seriously, the worst fucking piece of shit that I have ever read.

And yes, it featured a giant, fucking, spider.



The giant spider that did, as Kevin tells us, finally show up in the Peters produced "Wild, Wild, West."



Thank the gods of cinema, this Superman movie never got produced. Thanks to the genius Kevin Smith for walking away from it.

In spite of that the Superman movie that finally got made, pretty much sucked.

The Blog has much higher hopes for the Christopher Nolan produced "Man of Steel."



Comic book nerd fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment