Is there no limit to Willard "Mittens" Romney's clueless arrogance?
In case you have been off the grid for the last 48 hours, a video that was surreptitiously recorded during a $50,000 a plate, Romney fundraiser in May surfaced yesterday.
The portion that has gone viral shows the arrogance of the man who should be running for president of the country club, rather than the president of the country.
The Blog won't force you to watch the video.
Instead, here is the transcript...
There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that’s an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what…These are people who pay no income tax.
Did I mention... $50,000 a plate?
The Blog never ceases to be amazed by the fiscal conservative's inability to do basic math.
To be fair, 47% of Americans really do not pay federal income tax.
The Blog does not have an itemized breakdown of those that make up Mitten's 47%. But, here is a general breakdown...
- There are the actual poor who earn less than the national poverty level. Let's include those who have worked, but are, currently, unemployed by no fault of their own.
- The working poor. (Your average retail worker and waitress or waiter.)
- High School and college students who work while attending school, and, will one day be actual taxpayers.
- Seniors, who worked all of their lives, living on Social Security, pensions and retirement funds.
- Soldiers whose families live on less than minimum wage and often rely on foodstamps, and whose combat pay is not taxed.
- The blog has not seen this one discussed...
- Beginning entrepreneurs who will have to hang in there for a couple of years before they can claim a decent profit. You know. Those "up from their bootstraps" folks that the conservatives claim to love. (The Blog speaks from personal experience on this point.)
- And... oh yes.... the top 1% who employ crack accountants to find every deduction and loophole, and do their banking in the Cayman Islands and Switzerland.
- People like, I don't know, Mitt Romney, maybe?
Bits and pieces of the "secret" Mitt video are all over the internet and mainstream media.
But, if you have about 48 minutes to spare, you should really check out the full video. (The one that Mitt requested to be posted.)
Here it is.
But, while Romney's dissing of almost half of America is worth noting, If you couldn't be bothered to watch the link above, you should watch the part where Mittens waxes poetic about Chinese
If you still don't want to watch the entire video, (and I can't blame you...)
Here are his comments on Chinese labor.
So, really? Are you still thinking about voting for this douchebag?
Interestingly, 47 was the ranking of job creation under Governor Romney.
Coincidence? I think so.
The Blog is all about civil, adult, high road, informed debate.
So you, my bloglitts, know that your old Uncle PC has reached the end of his rope when he says...
"Fuck you, Mitt Romney! Fuck you and the fucking dressage horse you fucking rode in on!"