Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Some Things That I Like: Pt. 2

It has been a couple of nights since I posted anything new.

And a stagnant blog is a forgotten blog.

I was planning on posting my thoughts about the Syria situation, tonight. But, today's events suggest that my thoughts may be a bit behind the news cycle, (and I am peddling my news cycle as fast as I can,) and if everything keeps moving in the direction it seems to be moving, the next few days will prove my suspicion before I have even talked about it.

And that suspicion, in a nutshell, is this...

President Obama isn't just playing chess.

                                                             He's playing Vulcan chess.

And, he is winning.

                              _______________________________________________

I thought about posting about George Zimmerman's return to the news with his penis gun in his hand.

But that story is still a big question mark. After a panicked 911 call from his estranged wife, she has declined to press charges. George may still be in trouble. But, we will probably know more about Syria, before the newest Zimmerman case gets sorted out.

                                  _____________________________________________



I saw "Lee Daniels' The Butler" last night.

I enjoyed it. But maybe for all the wrong reasons.

The Blog will address that in a near future post.

                            _________________________________________________

But tonight, The Blog is feeling tired and lazy.

So, following up on a post from a few weeks ago, I'm just going to post a short list of things that I like.

(Enjoy it while you can. One of these days, I'm going to list the things I don't like, the things that piss me off, and the things that I, actively, hate. Until then, embrace the positivity.)

If you are a longtime reader, some of the things on this list, you already know. But, maybe there will be a few things that are new to you.

I like...

Comic books. (Even thought I have not bought or read an actual comic book in something like over a decade.)

Especially, anything Batman and the old time Warren Publishing titles...

                                                         Creepy, Eerie and Vampirella.

Comic book movies that don't try to look like the comic books they are based on.


i.e.: "Men in Black" and Christopher Nolan's "Dark Knight" trilogy.

Acting in live theater.

Attending live theater productions.

Especially...

The Troubadour Theater Company, aka: The Troubies.

                                         "Under the Dome." The novel and the TV series.


                               Pretty much everything that Sarah Silverman has ever done.

Classic Rock, heavy metal, punk rock and classical music.

Journey, The Doobie Brothers, KISS, Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Metallica, The Ramones, The Sex Pistols, Beethoven, Bach, Mozart, Wagner, etc.

Tori Amos and, God help me, Mylie Cyrus' newest song...

"Wrecking Ball."


"The Big Bang Theory," "Once Upon a Time," "Elementary" and "Psych."

And Russell Brand.

That is enough for tonight.



I like Grumpy Cat, George Takei, and Pamela Anderson.



But, those are topics for future posts.




No comments:

Post a Comment