Saturday, March 31, 2012

My Bumper Sticker Collection: Part One

A short post for tonight, while The Blog drinks unwinds after a long, stressful day.

I collect really absurdly moronic right-wing bumper stickers that I run across from time to time. The above is attached to a truck (they are almost always on trucks) that is regularly parked a block from my house. From the first time I saw it, I have wanted to take a picture of it. By a strange twist of fate, I discovered the truck parked three spaces down from me at the hospital this afternoon.

(One hopes that he, or his loved one, who is in the hospital has good insurance coverage. Otherwise, he or his loved one will be getting treatment at the expense of those of us that do have coverage. But, I digress....)

Ya gotta love a sticker that is "glass hammer" stupid on more than one level!

First, this is a classic example of "Obama Derangement Syndrome." This tea bagger hates all the awful things that he imagines in his fevered, paranoid brain that Obama has "done to" America. You know, like pulling the country back from the brink of a new "Great Depression," jump starting the auto industry, lowering the unemployment rate, providing health insurance for the uninsured and generally fucking up the country.

Second, this guy remembers George W. Bush as a really awesome president.

Finally, he demonstrates his keen understanding of The Constitution's Twenty-second Amendment.

My thoughts are with him and/or his loved one. Spending time in the hospital sucks for the patient and his/her family.

I hope that the brain damage is reversible.

No comments:

Post a Comment