Monday, August 19, 2013

Another Damned Eulogy: Lee Thompson Young






I got this news early today.

I'm not just a fan of "Rizzoli & Isles."

They film on the Paramount lot, not a football field length away from the stages where I work.

 I see the "Boston Police Department" and Jane Rizzoli's brownstone condo, everyday as I walk through the lot.

 I have run into Lee numerous times and he has always been friendly and gracious, happily signing autographs and posing for pics with the tourists.

We have often greeted each other with "Good Mornings" as we passed.

And, I am an "R&I" fan.

As a deep down nerd, I have always gotten a kick out of the episode when Lee's character, Detective Barry Frost, buys Jane's brother Frank's  "Shogun Warrior" style action figure from Mom Angela Rizzoli's yard sale, to Franks dismay. Then, in every episode since, proudly displays it on his office desk. 

I cannot wrap my head around the idea that this happy, gracious, positive person had demons that would lead him to taking his own life. I am just stunned beyond words.

No comments:

Post a Comment