Friday, December 6, 2013

Did I Just See That Happen?

Are you as sick of "War on Christmas" posts as I am?

Good. Because The Blog is going to take a brief respite from "WoC" posts.

I wish I could tell you that The Blog is done with "WoC" posts for the season.

I really do.

But, there are still a few seriously crazy stories waiting in deck, that I may still have to weigh in on.

But, not tonight.

Instead, I will step back from those stories, while keeping with the theme of last night's post.

That theme being...

Christmas themed commercials.

In a general way, the topic of Christmas/ Holiday themed commercials could probably provide blog fodder for a week's worth of commentary.

But, that's not the plan, tonight.

Tonight, The Blog will focus, with laser intensity, on two, specific, recent TV commercials.

Over the Thanksgiving holiday, one commercial garnered a crazy amount of attention, pro and con.

That was the Joe Boxer underwear ad entitled "Show Your Joe."

Or, as The PC likes to call it, "Jingle Balls."

Watch it here.

Wow, this ad pissed a lot of people off.

And, I get it.

The Blog is not a prude, (and, The Blog actually thought the ad was genius,) but he is not insensitive to the, um, sensitivities of the, um, prudish.

The ad definitely pushed the envelope.

As far as The Blog knows, there is no truth to the rumor that Joe Boxer made an alternative version, replacing the secular "Jingle Bells" with the more religious "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day," to placate the American Family Association.

But, wait.

Stay put.

Don't go away.

I'll be right back.

Okay, I'm back.

I just ran over to last night's post to check something.

Both Sears and Kmart are on the AFA's "Nice" list.

Which is weird, because Joe Boxer products are available, exclusively, through...

Wait for it...

Sears and Kmart.

Make of that what you will.

But, while folks were wringing their hands over that ad, much like the way those actors were ringing their loosely encumbered genitalia, another ad passed quietly under the radar.

It was the first in a series of ads for Honda's "Happy Honda Days" sales.

As far as I can tell, the ad aired two or three times, then disappeared.

But, true to their motto, those Honda dealers are "Helpful Honda Dealers," and, after an absence of about a week, the ad was posted on the YouTube™, via the Honda Facebook page.

*Disclaimer*

The Blog is not affiliated, in any way, with the Honda Corporation. The Blog is not receiving any sort of remuneration for driving traffic to it's YouTube™ channel. However, if the Honda Corp. would like to kick a few $$$, (or an Accord,) The Blog's way, The Blog would not be above accepting their generosity.

*End Disclaimer*
 

Watch it here. Stay with it until the very end.

Did you see it?

Or is it just me?

Did they not perpetrate the dirtiest joke in the history of American TV commercials, let alone "Holiday" themed ads?

These guys are trying to shove a Christmas tree up... well... jeez... do I have to spell it out for you?

I mean, OUCH!

Jesus fucking Christ, OUCH!

Am I right?

Please, tell me it isn't just me.

And, for what it's worth, (or might be worth to The Blog, [hint, hint,])...

Happy Honda Days!

And, OUCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment