Last night, The Blog described to you the experiment he is undertaking.
No political or religion themed posts or shares on Facebook until The PC's mild mannered alter-ego decides to start up again.
The PC also promised that tonight, he would bitch slap an Ayn Randian Facebook troll, for your entertainment. (and his.)
But, frankly, after a very long day of some serious yard work in the hot sun, The PC's old bones are just not up to the task at hand.
So we will pick that thread back up tomorrow night.
Instead, we will do this...
The Blog doesn't know the actual origin of the following photo. But, it showed up on The Blog's FB newsfeed last night, posted by a couple of liberal Facebook pages, to demonstrate what one of those posters called, "The dumbest thing ever said."
Predictably, by this morning, some right-wing site picked up on the photo and made the "dumbest thing" even dumber..
...By adding a junior high school style, "Do you like me? Check 'Yes' or 'No,'" caption to the photo.
Not so predictably, by noon today, no fewer than three of The PC's conservative friends, (Who The Blog considers decent, intelligent people, even if they sometimes manage to get their heads up their asses,) had actually thought that the TEApublican version of this photo was worthy of sharing.
So many possible rude, snarky responses.
But, me and my damned experiment in Facebook civility.
The alter-ego, aka: "Clark," held his tongue (or, rather, his fingers,) and quietly walked away.
Fortunately, there are no such self-enforced restrictions here.
So, before your old Uncle PC turns in for the night, let me float a few responses to this bit of xenophobic, paranoid, racist TEAbuggery.
- I suspect that this guy has never been forced to learn a lot of things.
- We can refuse? Damn! The jack-booted thugs from the government Department of Forced Education broke my front door down last week and forced me to learn Spanish, Russian and Canadian. If only I had known!
- ¿Podemos rechazar? Maldito! La jack-booted del gobierno, el Departamento de Educación de forzado rompió mi puerta abajo la semana pasada y me obligó a aprender español, Ruso y canadiense. Ojalá lo hubiera sabido!
- I will not be forced to shave my balls and eat celery to accommodate Teabaggers in my country.
- It's spelled "accommodate." Learn English, "morans."
Experiment Update: Day One
When "Clark" refrains from posting anything about politics or religion, this is what happens on his "Notifications" page.
The Blog's Facebook "Notification" page becomes fucking boring.
Stay tuned for further updates.