Sunday, January 12, 2014

Holy, F*ing, Sh*t!

Last night, The Blog went into full-on rant mode.

Because his handful of right-wing, idiot, "friends" on Facebook had gone over the edge.

The PC singled out a specific, blatantly lying lie.




                                                                          This one.

Just to catch you up, The Blog responded, thusly...
Obamacare" is not, actually, a thing.

Most states have set up their own ACA exchange web sites. Those that haven't have passed the responsibility off onto the federal government's web site.

None of them require, or even have the ability, to require the uploading of a photo ID.

I get that you aren't that interested in politics and can't be bothered to check your facts.

But this is a blatant lie. It is irresponsible of you to keep spreading disinformation.

I keep calling you out on this stuff, because, I cling to the hope that I can teach you something.

I am. seriously, about ready to give up.
 My right-wing friend, responded...
"Does it really matter if it is true or not....especially since "Obamacare" isn't actually a thing!

Since it isn't true, it doesn't affect you....since it doesn't affect you.....why do you care? If it were true, it probably wouldn't affect you....so why do you care!

I have noticed things you post that aren't 100% accurate. Many times it is a general statement which only apply to a small percentage of people...but you post it as though it were universally true, and YES, that does irritate me...but If I called out everyone for everything I didn't like, agree with our know for a fact it is not true in its entireity, I would spend all my time attacking people. I have many friends here that believe much as you do, but they just read on, disregarding them.

Next, sometimes, although NOT always, I put things up just to get a rise out of you, and Most of the time....it works! I NEVER put things up that I feel will cause an argument, but it does turn out that way, and most of the time, I wish I had kept my fingers off the keyboard.

Correct, I don't fact check....I just share because in most cases, the facts may not be totally accurate, they do portray the basic feeling or idea of the subject. I am sure many, if not most, do the same thing."
 Your Blog attempted to respond to this...
 "Does it really matter if it is true or not..."

Yes, actually, it does.

"I just share because in most cases, the facts may not be totally accurate, they do portray the basic feeling or idea of the subject."


The satirist Steven Colbert calls this "truthiness."

It may not be true, but, because it legitimizes your world view, the lie is okay to spread.

A lie is a lie.

So, why should I care, "since it doesn't affect," me?

Because it effects others, and the world isn't all about me.

I had an interesting conversation with my sister at Christmas.

She has observed, and in a couple of cases, participated in our discussions.

She referred to you you you as my "narcissistic friend."

I was taken, a bit, aback.

But, maybe she was right.

If it doesn't effect you, why should you care?

That is, indeed, textbook narcissism.

And, at the end of the day, advocating for others will have a positive effect on me, and you,  in the long run.

Do I post things that are not "100% accurate?" Maybe. I try to be accurate. I might fail now and then. But just because I post things that you don't agree with, philosophically, doesn't mean that I post outright untruths.

I am pretty obsessive about checking facts.

"...sometimes, although NOT always, I put things up just to get a rise out of you, and Most of the time.... it works!"

"I NEVER put things up that I feel will cause an argument."

Well. which is it? Do you want to get a rise out of me. Or, do you not want to cause an argument?

"Last."

You don't see me "debunking any of the lies, and inaccurate reporting done by Liberal Democrats against Republicans"

That is mostly because you are not connected to most of the Liberal or Democratic pages that I am connected to. If a post is inaccurate, I will call it out. Posting fiction does nothing to promote credibility.

The posts I share, I have fact checked before sharing,

"Liberal" posts that are, factually, questionable, I ignore and don't share. Even if I think that they "feel true."

"Sharing" inaccurate untruths from the right or the left diminishes credibility.

"Something to think about."

But, it seems that your Uncle PC has been "unfriended," by edited

A defrocked fundamentalist, Baptist "pastor," turned contractor and landlord, who has spent a disturbing amount of time fapping over a certain "B" list TV starlet.


In the interest of free speech, feel free to go to his FB page and tell you what you think of him.



Because, I don't give a flying fuck, anymore.



No comments:

Post a Comment