Sunday, January 5, 2014

Rachel Maddow Schools the Koch Bros.

Your humble Blog is going to be a bit lazy, tonight.

I know, I know.

I said I was going to throttle my posts for the next few weeks in an attempt to make my The Blog's 500th post coincide with The Blog's second anniversary.

I'm kinda thinking that might not happen.

But, when something is worth sharing, I gotta share it.




So your Uncle PC is going to send you over to DailyKos.com for their transcript and comments about last night's MSNBC broadcast of Rachel Maddow's epic smack-down of the right-wing, billionaire Koch Brothers.

Go. Read. Enjoy and become enlightened.

Goddamn! The Blog loves him some Dr. Maddow! (Yes, as she likes to say, "She is a doctor. Just not that kind of doctor.")

She can, also, mix a mean cocktail!

This story happens to coincide with a realization that I had today.

Your Blog is not big on boycotts.

In this multi-national, mega-corparate world, it is damned near impossible to avoid doing business with companies that support odious politicians and legislation.

But, I do my damnedest, personally, to avoid giving my money to those companies.

I would encourage you to do the same.

Beyond the oil and coal companies that made the family Koch richer than God, the brothers expanded their inherited empire into the paper industry.

The Blog avoids buying Brawny™ paper towels and any sort of dish-ware bearing the Dixie™ brand.

But, I just noticed, today, as I was buying, yet another, case of ink-jet paper from Costco...

Mrs. Blog is a school teacher, so we spend a crazy amount of money on printing supplies. Literally thousands of dollars a year.

Costco's printer paper is manufactured by Georgia-Pacific.

Georgia-Pacific is a Koch owned company. The same company that makes the above mentioned paper products.

*SIGH*

I guess I am going to have to suck it up and pay more for paper at Staples or Office Depot.

No comments:

Post a Comment